Content & Photos © Bill Schmoker unless noted otherwise. Thanks for visiting- drop me a comment!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Barn Owl in the House

News from the Valmont Station Owl Cam- they have switched the cam over to the Barn Owl nest box after the failure of the Great Horned Owl nest.

There's one Barn Owl in the house today, and the view is from above so usually the owl looks kind of funny. It did look up once, though, confirming its identity. I heard a calling Barn Owl on my sojourn to the Northern Saw-Whet Owl the other night, and I wonder if it was one of the birds in the territory of the Valmont Barn Owls, since I was within a mile of that nest box when I heard it. Anyway, stay tuned for more developments- hope the Barn Owls do better than the Great Horned Owls did this year.

No comments: