Content & Photos © Bill Schmoker unless noted otherwise. Thanks for visiting- drop me a comment!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Booked

I got a great package in the mail yesterday- my author's copies of Good Birders Don't Wear White. I feel very fortunate to have been invited to contribute a chapter (mine is on birding in bad weather)- the list of contributors is impressive, and it is great to rub shoulders (well, ink?) with such luminaries of the North American birding scene. Here's the blurb from Houghton Mifflin, the publisher:
A light and fun collection of birding advice, with contributions from Kenn Kaufman, David Sibley, Pete Dunne, Tim Gallagher, Don and Lillian Stokes, Bill Thompson III, and forty-four others. Original essays from the biggest names in birding dispense advice to birders of every level, on topics ranging from feeding birds and cleaning binoculars to pishing and pelagic birding. Whether satirizing bird snobs or relating the traditions and taboos of the birding culture, each essay is chock-full of helpful information and entertaining as well. Pete Dunne’s lively foreword kicks off the collection of essays, which are organized by category. Half of the essays are illustrated with delightful black-and-white line drawings by artist Robert Braunfield.
So check it out- I see that Amazon.com now has it so I'm sure your local bookstore would, too. I enjoyed Pete Dunn's forward (all I've had time to peruse so far), and look forward to seeing what the other folks had to say in their chapters.

No comments: