Content & Photos © Bill Schmoker unless noted otherwise. Thanks for visiting- drop me a comment!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pigeon- It's what's for dinner!

It's been a while since I've posted on the Valmont Plant Great Horned Owl nest cam- mostly because the owl has been quietly doing its thing, incubating two eggs. This evening I glanced at the cam and noticed a bunch of feathers cast around the box- sure enough, a bit earlier this evening our mother-to-be dined on Rock Pigeon, judging by that thick, dark terminal tail band.
Then I went over last evening's shots and found a few frames of the bird eating mystery prey- any guesses what this is? I'm thinking it is a mid-sized mammal- maybe a bunny or squirrel? Anyway, good to see that nesting attempt #2 is progressing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you catch the great shot the other day of the male owl giving the female a mouse or some other small animal?

brdpics said...

Dang- I think I missed that!