Content & Photos © Bill Schmoker unless noted otherwise. Thanks for visiting- drop me a comment!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I've Got It Covered

In the "you never know who will want your pics" category, I got an email a few month ago from an acquaintance at Cornell University whose colleagues had an upcoming article in the journal Ecology. They wondered if they could use a House Finch picture of mine for their article about competition between House Sparrows and House Finches, and it turned out to be part of the cover (a montage of House Sparrows and House Finches.) Mine's the female House Finch- pretty flashy, huh? Oh well. The funny thing is that I traveled about 3 feet to get the shot- I took it out of my office window one winter day. When the bugs are frozen out for the season I take the screen out of that window so I can snap birds perching in the tree branches. Now that's good bang for my travel buck, but my house is one expensive photography blind!

No comments: