Content & Photos © Bill Schmoker unless noted otherwise. Thanks for visiting- drop me a comment!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Review Round-Up: Smithsonian Field Guide to the Birds of North America

You may have noticed a widget on the left of my blog promoting Ted Floyd's new book, Smithsonian Field Guide to the Birds of North America. The book has been out for about three weeks now, and people are starting to chat it up in blog-land. I like it a lot and think it deserves a place in any American birder's library or knapsack, but I have a significant bias- it features a bunch of my photos! So I'll let some other reviewers do the talking- check 'em out.

UPDATE: Thanks to Noflickster for pointing out another blog review, this one on Conservation Conversations. I've added that link to the bottom of the list- if you know of any other bloggers reviwing this book, let me know and I'll add theirs, too.

Updated Update: Another review added, this time from Biological Ramblings...

Woodcreeper

10,000 Birds

Badbirdz- Reloaded

Sandpiper's Place

Birder's Library

Two Birders To Go

A Demented Pixie on Books

The Drinking Bird

A DC Birding Blog

The House & Other Arctic Musings

Conservation Conversations

Biological Ramblings


2 comments:

noflickster said...

There's one more review for your list: Greg over at Conservation Conversations put in his $.02..

Congrats on having so many of your (awesome) images used in Ted's guide! When are you going to make a career change?
:-)
-Mike

noflickster said...

One more for your list by Slybird at Biological Ramblings.
-Mike